Custom Recovery img such as Clockwokmod, TWRP, philz-Touch recovery is a must have on all smartphones running Android Os due to its amazing advantage over device stock recovery mode as it enables users to be able to install/ flash custom ROMs, make Nandroid backup of device stock ROM, root, etc.. Previously, I wrote about how to install custom recovery img using mobile uncle tools apk app which is very easy and works on Android running KitKat Os. Ever since Lollipop Os surfaces, installing a custom recovery via mobile uncle tools seems difficult. Today, I’ll be showing us how to install/ flash Custom recovery img to both Android KitKat Os and Lollipop using Sp flash tools.
What’s Required Install Custom Recovery Using Sp Flashtools:
- PC/Laptop Running Windows.
- Working USB Cable
- SP Flash Tool. Download Here.
- ADB VCOM Drivers (normally I use PDAnet). Go here to learn how to install Mediatek Vcom Drivers or you can also plug your Android into your PC to auto-detect and install needed drivers. But if your phone drivers were not installed after plugin your device, then go to that link page.
- Scatter file for your phone
- Custom Recovery.img for your phone. NOTE: Do not install recovery.img not meant for your phone.