Custom Recovery img such as Clockwokmod, TWRP, philz-Touch recovery is a must have on all smartphones running Android Os due to its amazing advantage over device stock recovery mode as it enables users to be able to install/ flash custom ROMs, make Nandroid backup of device stock ROM, root, etc.. Previously, I wrote about how to install custom recovery img using mobile uncle tools apk app which is very easy and works on Android running KitKat Os. Ever since Lollipop Os surfaces, installing a custom recovery via mobile uncle tools seems difficult. Today, I’ll be showing us how to install/ flash Custom recovery img to both Android KitKat Os and Lollipop using Sp flash tools.
What’s Required Install Custom Recovery Using Sp Flashtools:
- PC/Laptop Running Windows.
- Working USB Cable
- SP Flash Tool. Download Here.
- ADB VCOM Drivers (normally I use PDAnet). Go here to learn how to install Mediatek Vcom Drivers or you can also plug your Android into your PC to auto-detect and install needed drivers. But if your phone drivers were not installed after plugin your device, then go to that link page.
- Scatter file for your phone
- Custom Recovery.img for your phone. NOTE: Do not install recovery.img not meant for your phone.
Steps To Follow:
Download and extract SP Flash Tool to find “Flash_Tool.exe”. Launch it. Now download recovery.img file meant for your phone and place it on your Pc desktop or where you can easily find it.
1. Open SP Flash Tools and click Scatter Loading.
2. Now locate and select the scatter file of your device (MT6XXX_Android_Scatter.txt) and click on “Open”.
3. You should see below image from your Sp flashtools. Make sure all boxes are NOT checked if there’s a check, remove it by clicking the check.
4. Now, click “RECOVERY” from the list. A new window will pop up, find the recovery image for your phone that you want to flash or install and click Open.
5. Now, TURN OFF your android phone. When it is off, click the “DOWNLOAD” button on the SP Flash Tool, then click Yes. After that, connect your Switched-OFF phone to your computer using USB Cable and allow the flashing procedure to do its thing.
After successfully flashing your custom recovery img, you will see a green “OK”. That’s it, your phone is now running custom recovery img. Now unplug your device, press and hold Volume up + Power button to boot to recovery mode.
[…] Flash the Clockworkmod recovery.img to the mobile phone using SP Flash tool method. See how to flash/ install custom recovery using Sp flashtools. […]