For people who don’t know what SP flash tools is well, SP flash tool is a simple and user-friendly app designed for MediaTek Devices i.e. Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, Innjoo, BML and more. SP flash tool is a great software in the sense that it enables you to flash your smartphone’s ROMS (Custom or Stock). It also supports installing a custom recovery, flash stock, unbricking bricked devices and firmware upgrades for your MediaTek smartphones. Below is a simple guide on how to Flash Custom ROMs using the SP flash tool on your Windows PC.
Materials Needed For The Guide
1. You will need SP Flash tool – Download it here
2. You will need to install Android ADB drivers – Download it here
3. You will need Stock Rom or Custom Rom you want to flash on your Smartphone. Make sure you download the exact Rom of your device – few Roms can be found here
4. You will need a Laptop or Desktop Computer
5. You will also need a USB Cable for communicating between PC and Smartphones
Steps To Flash a Backup or ROM with SP Flash Tool
Disclaimer: Don’t flash another phone’s DSP_BL blocks and preloader! It is very dangerous! On some models of smartphones, you will end up having a brick even if you downloaded these blocks read from a phone which you own! Always uncheck the marks in SPFT! before you begin make sure you have a working backup of your original device ROM before you flash a new or unknown ROM. Johnboscotips take no responsibility for any harm that might occur to your phone while attempting this!
1. Now Disconnect your device if it was connected with USB to your PC, and switch off the phone completely, also remove the battery if possible (ignore this step 1, for phones with inbuilt battery).
2. Now reconnect or connect the USB cable to the phone with the PC while the phone is still turned off, Windows should now pop up and begin the installation of the MTK65XX Preloader Drivers, this will only happen if you installed the MediaTek Preloader USB Drivers correctly in Windows. After successful installation, disconnect the USB cable again.
3. Now locate and extract SP Flash tool on your computer and launch it.
4. Open the folder you just extracted and locate flash_tool, double-click on it to launch it. See more at the screenshot below.
6. Once it is launched, click the Scatter-loading button at the right side.
7. Now locate the scatter file in the ROM or backup of the phone that you downloaded. It is usually a text file. (NOTE: ALWAYS load a ROM that is 100% made for your phone model, flashing the wrong ROM may make your phone non-bootable).
8. After that click the “Download’ button in SP Flash Tool to start the flashing process
9. Now connect your device to the computer with the USB cable without battery, if it is possible also remove. Press, Vol Down or Up for the computer to easily detect the phone.
10. Once the Flashing process is complete you will see a green circle confirming. With Download OK
11. Now exit SP FlashTool remove and disconnect your phone from the computer. Congratulation, your device is now flashed with the new Stock Rom you downloaded. If your device boot-loops, remove the battery and boot into recovery mode. Perform a factory reset on the phone. That’s it.