Recently, Tecno released an update for its flagship “Tecno Camon C8” thereby making it possible to upgrade the Tecno Camon C8 to latest Android Marshmallow 6.0 firmware. Obviously, quite a number of C8 users have been having problems upgrading their phones, even to the HIOS for Tecno C8 while others were able to go through with the newly released update.
To make upgrading easier, Team Hovatek has made a ROM Dump of a Tecno C8 running on Marshmallow, thereby, making the C8 Marshmallow update via SP Flash tool compatible just as they did for the Infinix Hot 2 X510 March Marshmallow update recently.
NOTE: This is not an official firmware from Tecno. Team Hovatek dumped the firmware of its copy of the Tecno C8 which had been successfully upgraded to Marshmallow (Android 6.0) using the Sp Flashtools guide below.
How To Upgrade Tecno Camon C8 To Marshmallow 6.0 Using Sp Flashtools
- Download the Tecno C8 Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM Dump by Team Hovatek here
- Extract the content of the downloaded zip file into a folder in your PC
- Install Mediatek VCOM Drivers on your PC using the guide here
- Now, follow the SP flash tool guide at how to use sp-flash tools to flash
- Flash the ROMDump using the Firmware Upgrade option in SP Flash Tool. Do not interrupt Sp flash tools during flashing process.
- Boot the phone once flashing is complete
- Setup the phone as usual, then go to Settings → About to confirm that your Tecno Camon C8 is now running on Marshmallow 6.0.
That’s all, your Tecno Camon C8 is now ready to use. Please share to help others, thanks.