I know many of us out there might have encountered one or two issues recently when trying to pay for stuff online especially international transactions due to banks making some restrictions regarding the conversion rate. You might mostly get an error message that says ‘Declined Card Transaction: DCC Restriction’ when trying to pay for services online. This can be very annoying most times especially when you’re in need of it and can’t make use of your debit card to purchase stuff online. Here’s how to solve that issue.
For you to disable DCC on your PayPal Account you must be logged in to your PayPal account
Steps to successfully disable DCC Restriction on your PayPal Account
- Go to your PayPal Account Settings Icon just (besides Log out).
- Click on the ‘Payments‘ option
- Click on the option that says ‘Manage Payments’
- You will see an option that says ‘Set Available Funding Sources’ click on it, if you don’t see that option then you will have to click on the option that says ‘Pre-approved Payments.
- If you already have a card linked to your PayPal Account, you should see it listed there otherwise, you will need to add a card to proceed to the next step.
- Click on the ‘Conversion Options’ depending on the card you want to make use of during transactions.
- You will see two options there, select the option that says ‘Bill me in the currency listed on the seller’s invoice’.
- Click on the Submit button to save changes to your Account
- Try and make a new transaction and everything will go just fine.
Hope this helps…. If you have any challenges you can use the comment section below have a nice day.