Block Any Number From Messaging You In iOS 10
iOS allows you to block people from calling and messaging you. Up till iOS 9, the feature was really pretty to use. Whenever you received a call from someone you don’t feel like talking to, or received a text message or an iMessage, you could go to the details screen for the call or message and find an option to “Block” there. With the new iOS 10, for you to block a number that keeps calling you works very much the same way though, the process for Messages has changed a little. To block a number from messaging you, you will have to add the number to your contacts and then block it through the Settings app. Here’s how to go about it.
Steps to follow:
- Open your Messages app and open a message thread for the exact number you want to block
- Save the number as a contact on your phone. If you already saved the contact before, you can proceed to the next step. If you have not received any messages from a number that you want to block, you need to add it as a new contact.
- Open the Settings app and tap “Messages”
- Now, scroll down till you see the “Block” option.
- On the Block section, scroll down to the bottom and tap on “Add New”
- Select the exact contact you would want to block and save
If the number you want to block is both messaging and calling you, you don’t need to add it as a contact. A number that already called you can be blocked from the Phone app even without adding it as a contact. If the frustrating number is only messaging and but not calling you, that’s when adding it as a contact becomes necessary. This behavior is somewhat odd because the block feature worked just perfect in iOS 9 without the need of adding a number as a contact.
To block a number from the Phone app, just tap on the information “i” button next to the exact number in your call log and scroll to the bottom, Tap, on the option that says “Block this number” and you will no longer receive messages or calls from the number.