Hello Tecno lovers, Today I will be dropping a cool tutorial on how you can successfully downgrade your Tecno Camon C8 to lollipop. This is due to the series of complaints I get from Camon C8 users who recently upgraded their device to Marshmallow 6.0 HiOS.
NB: before you begin the downgrade process Tecno will like you guys to know that their tech engineers are presently working hard to provide available fixes for the present HiOS bugs on the C8, for those who are willing to wait, they will receive a stable official OTA update. But for those who can’t wait, you should have it in mind that you will not receive any HiOS OTA update.
- You will need a PC with an active Internet connection
- A working USB cable
- You need MediaTek USB VCOM drivers found HERE
- You need to download the Tecno Camon C8 Downgrade tool HERE (HiFlashTool-C8-H352-A2-L-20160307.exe)
Step to Downgrade Tecno Camon C8 to android 5.1 lollipop
- Right-click on the downloaded zip package and select run as “Administrator”.
- You have to wait for the package to finish loading and after that, you will see a pop up like the screenshot below.
- Now switch off your Camon C8 and connect it to your PC via USB cable
- You have to wait for the system to recognize your device so that the downgrade process can start automatically.
- While the downgrade process is ongoing, do not interrupt it or closing Sp flash tool or even disconnecting the device to avoid ending up with a dead Tecno Camon C8.
- Once the process has been completed, you will see a green check mark like the screenshot below saying “download Ok”.
- That’s it. You can now disconnect your USB from your device
If during the process you encounter any problems or issues, please feel free to use the comment box to ask questions.